The mission of the Center is to promote human development research, focussing on the most vulnerable members of the society.
The Centre for Human Development Studies (CHDS) is a multidisciplinary research establishment dedicated to the study of human development and education.
Centre for Human Development Studies is primarily committed to organizing professional research in the area of human development, with a special focus on Gujarat as a region, the centre has the following objectives.
- To sponsor research and policy studies on human development.
- To stimulate dialogue among professionals and decision-makers on human development issues.
- To establish adequate database and to promote suitable publications in the field of human development.
- To organise state and national level seminars to disseminate the research and policy findings of the institute sponsored by the foundation.
- to establish liaison with national and international organizations for the promotion of these objectives