Application Form 2015
The Objective of this course is to train young scholars and faculty in the area of Research Methodology. It will enable the Researchers to develop the most appropriate methodology for their Research Studies. The mission of the course is to import research skills to the beginners and help to improve the quality of Research by the existing researchers. The main objectives of the course are
- To familiarize students with the different aspects of research.
- To provide an idea of good scientific writing and proper presentation skills.
- To provide an understanding of philosophical questions behind scientific research.
- To provide a brief background on the historical legacy of science.
The Course Structure is designed in a way that the learning of Research Methodology can be fun and intellectually rewarding. It will be a move from a teaching process to an experimental process, from memorizing to brainstorming, from clearing the examination to feedback learning, from knowledge transfer to knowledge creation, from competitive learning to collaborative learning.
Research student will be exempted from pursuing a course in Research Methodology for their research degrees (either MPhil or PhD).
Medium of Instruction: English
Any graduate with minimum 50 percent of marks. Fairly good knowledge of English is desirable.
Preference will be given to
- Faculty of Veer Narmad South Gujarat University
- Research Scholars who are registered for PhD or MPhil degree in the University
Duration of course
Duration of course is 3 Months (or 40 sessions of one and half hour)
The Course will be offered subject to the availability of faculty and number of students for 3 months during June-October and January-May.
- Research - Definition - Characteristics - Objectives - Research and Scientific method
- Types of Research - Descriptive vs. Analytical Research - Applied vs. Fundamental Research - Quantitative vs. Qualitative Research - Conceptual vs. Empirical Research
- Research Methodology:An Introduction
- Research Process - Basic Overview - Formulating the Research Problem - Defining the Research Problem - Research Questions - Research Methods vs. Research Methodology
- Literature Review - Review concepts and Theories - Formulation of Hypothesis - Sources of Hypothesis - Characteristics of Hypothesis - Role of Hypothesis - Tests of Hypothesis
- Research Design
- Sampling Design
- Data Collection - Observation Method - Interview Method - Questionnaires - Case Study Method
- Processing and Analysis of Data - Processing Operations - Statistics in Research - Descriptive Statistics - Inferential Statistics - Elements /Types of Analysis
- Interpretation of Data
- Legal Research
- Medical Research
- Design Research
- Market Research
- Social Research
- Models of Research - Evolutive and Evaluative - Identificatory and Impact studies - Projective and Predictive - Collative - Historical - Comarative
- Current trends in Research - Mono-disciplinary Research - Trans-disciplinary Research - Inter-disciplinary Research
- Computer & Internet: Its role in Research
- Threats and Challenges to Good Research
- Writing a - Article - Essay - Research Paper - Research Project - Thesis - Dissertation - Book Reviews-Book Review;-Case Review
- Criteria of Good Research
- Research Ethics
- Citation Methods - Foot Note - Text Note - End Note - Bibliography - Citation Rules - MLA - APA - Chicago